On the way to the pumpkin patch I asked Emma if she would be my date. She responded, "it would be my pleasure!" and Adam said, "me too!" and Noah said, "me, too!" so I had three dates to the pumpkin patch today. What a lucky lady I am!
We braved the corn maze first.
With three fearless leaders we were bound to find our way out!
Stand back or I'll corn you!
After loading up on apples, freshly ground peanut butter, caramel and donuts, we made our way over to the pumpkin patch to find our picks for the season.
Oops! He blinked!
Noah found his pick!
And Emma fell in love with hers. She wanted it to wear her new cowgirl hat.
This is my favorite picture of the day. Emma had wandered over to her own section of the patch in search of the perfect pumpkin, and when she found a nice big one she started hauling it over to us. She was clearly struggling to get it over (it might have weighed as much as her!), and when Adam and Noah saw her plight they went running over to her rescue! Adam gallantly picked up her pumpkin and carried it over to our wheelbarrow, with Noah keeping a good eye on it along the way. I'm so glad we have such chivalrous gentlemen in our family!
Leah was at the patch too, but she had made plans with friends before we decided this would be the night to pick pumpkins. She had a great time and we were still able to meet up so she could pick a pumpkin too. Leah doesn't choose friends over family ever (yet!), and this time she only went with them because we found a way to make both friends and family happen. Fun for everyone!
Next up- carving those pumpkins into something amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment