Friday, October 5, 2018

Pit Stop

Murals have been popping up all over Iowa lately, or at least we've started really noticing them!  
 The kids and I had a few extra minutes last Sunday, so we posed in front of a whole bunch of them in a cute little town about an hour away.  This farm scene is exactly what Iowa looks like.  That could be a photograph.
 Just chillin' with the locals.
 Hi neighbors!  And petting the pup.
 Taking a drink.
 This is just a cinder block wall.  2D and realistic enough to catch some water and scale a window.
 I was there too!
And while Jason and I were on a date in Des Moines- rubbing a bottle and hoping for a genie...
 which did not work.  We got a parking ticket instead of any wishes to be granted.
But we still had fun on our mid-afternoon date of sampling oils and vinegars, 
 and having a rare and much needed uninterrupted conversation over lunch.  
 And I spotted a few more murals that we'll need to visit some day.  I think that keeping an eye out for wall murals is going to be our family's new thing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...