There is nothing like the first time experiencing something incredible - the first time walking through a museum, biking through a forest, kayaking across a lake, riding an awesome roller coaster or discovering a new hidden gem in the city.
I've come to realize that you can't recreate that first-time feeling the second time you approach something. Instead, I've started pausing and really taking in how incredible the feeling is the first time around. I think that is an appreciation that increases with age.
Of course, there are some things that are awesome no matter how many times you experience them - observing a yard full of fireflies at night, getting a glimpse of a newborn baby at church, seeing mountains for the first time in months, an incredible sunrise or sunset, shooting stars, hugs from your favorite people, highly anticipated traditions that have come around again.
No comments:
Post a Comment