Wednesday, June 25, 2025

The Guest Bathroom

 We decided that if we were going to retile the mudroom, we might as well rip out and retile the guest bathroom in the basement while we were at it. This is what we started with. Not bad, in this picture. In person, the walls were a very yellow tan, the vanity was a very bright orange, and the half inch sink counter was just.... lovely. To be fair, there are definitely bathrooms in the house that are more outdated.  The master bathroom is probably the worst, followed by the kids bathrooms, then the main floor hall bathroom.  We have replaced four of the five toilets in the house, and at the completion of these projects, two of the ten sinks in the house have been updated. All ten need to be replaced for various reasons, whether it's cracks or stains or size. But as the smallest bathroom in the house, this was overall the easiest one to update first. 
We have nearly whipped out a partial update on this bathroom at least six times, but never with enough time to complete the job before guests arrive. Even this time, Al's surprise visit in March meant no functioning bathroom for her to use. The toilet lived in the shower for a solid 3 months. 
Good riddance crusty old sink!
Emma picked out the new tile!
There is a full linen closet in this bathroom that can't be accessed unless the bathroom door is closed. Funny story, when I was painting the bathroom, I decided the bathroom door needed to come off so I could maneuver the ladder around the room more easily. I shut the door, hammered a screwdriver into the hinges, and then panicked because I couldn't get it back out and was convinced that I was trapped in the bathroom.  I frantically called out to Jason, who just opened up the door and reminded me how doors work.  Whoops! 
This update didn't take very much, just a new vanity and sink, mirror, light fixture, hardware, and art, as well as paint, new tile, repaired drywall from the old sink, and extra trim under the new sink. But it took plenty of time to get it all done. 
The top picture is from our backyard in the first week that we lived here. 
Come visit so you can see how awesome it looks in person! 
And we finally painted the guest bedroom along with this project. 
Emma was my Number One Best Helper on this project! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...