It seems highly unfair to my hardworking husband that I'm posting this right after he gave me the best birthday present ever, but I've seen a few posts on my friends blogs (Bea and Christa, I'm looking at you) that have given me reason for some introspection into what I would spend money on if money were no issue. So, just for fun and not at all because I'm feeling spendy (even though our tax refund did just make it's appearance in our bank account) here are a few...
First up, a bed skirt. That's right. We have a queen-sized flat sheet on our box spring instead of bed skirt. It just found it's home there one day after we got married and hasn't moved yet.
Next up, garbage bags. We use old Wal-Mart bags in our trash cans instead of buying trash bags, and I know it drives my mom batty... Some day, Mom!
Next, and a little more dreamy- a backyard. I would give anything for a fence, my own grass, a swing set and the ability to send my little lady out to play without worrying about what kind of big dog or bully might knock her over. Some day, I just know it!
Even a little more dreamy- a piano. I love to play, but let's be honest. Pounding the keys after church while someone is trying to conduct a meeting in the next room over isn't exactly inspirational. I was raised on a Kawai, and I will raise my children on one, too. (Five year anniversary, right, hubby?;)
First up, a bed skirt. That's right. We have a queen-sized flat sheet on our box spring instead of bed skirt. It just found it's home there one day after we got married and hasn't moved yet.
Next up, garbage bags. We use old Wal-Mart bags in our trash cans instead of buying trash bags, and I know it drives my mom batty... Some day, Mom!
Next, and a little more dreamy- a backyard. I would give anything for a fence, my own grass, a swing set and the ability to send my little lady out to play without worrying about what kind of big dog or bully might knock her over. Some day, I just know it!
Even a little more dreamy- a piano. I love to play, but let's be honest. Pounding the keys after church while someone is trying to conduct a meeting in the next room over isn't exactly inspirational. I was raised on a Kawai, and I will raise my children on one, too. (Five year anniversary, right, hubby?;)
And finally, a Disney Cruise! I don't think college students are supposed to go on cruises, but if money were no issue, I can promise you that I'd be on this one!
And as a little editor's note, I have to say that I'm pretty grateful that these are the best things that I can come up with. I have shoes on my feet and food in my belly and a roof over my head... isn't that a song I've heard somewhere? Anyway, I love my life and can't complain much with a list like this!
4 comments:
Wow...those dreams:) I love them all. That Cruise thing...hm! It would be so fun. But about the trash bags...I can't believe that you guys don't buy those. I love them. We used to use Macey's paper bags and i hated them. My in-laws still using plastic or paper bags... No comment:)But the normal trash bags are big and strong. You should buy some:)
A backyard? Come on, isn't that 2'x2' little square of concrete balcony enough for you? :) And I agree with Bea on the trash bag thing. If for no other reason than the frequency of trash emptying.
And happy birthday!
Isn't your 5 year anniversary next summer?? Jason, you better start saving!!!!
Oh my gosh, I think i would need a whole new blog up for over a year to display the things I would love to have if money were not an issue. My mom has a saying "dream baby dream, at least dreaming is FREE" he he he
Hey! Love it that you got the kitchen aid! I'm not a good cook now, maybe if had one I'd be more inspired. But I DO want a blendtec!! :)
hugs!
Post a Comment