Friday, May 28, 2010

Deep Doctrine


Leah is very intrigued by Satan. His choices, his attitude, and the way he affects her life. I think that is a good thing, as long as she doesn't start blaming things on him.

We talk a lot about how people (especially in the scriptures) make bad choices because they let Satan into their hearts.

As we were reading about the war in heaven the other night (from the Old Testament scripture reader) Leah was trying to process why Satan had decided to disobey Heavenly Father.

She asked, "Who did Satan let into his heart?"

Good question...

And our naptime conversation today went something like this

L: I love you, Mom.

M: I love you, too.

L: But when do you not love me?

M: There is nothing that you could do that would make me not love you.

L: But who doesn't love me?

M: I can't think of anyone that doesn't love you.

L: Satan doesn't love me.

M: Well, that's true, but that's because he is miserable and he doesn't love anyone.

L: But I'm not going to let him into my heart!

That's my girl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...