Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Follow-up


My previous hopes about all of this baby weight melting away were dashed on Sunday night when Leah patted my belly and said, "I think there's another baby growing in there!"
***
I've been thinking about the etiquette of a playdate. Why do we call up other moms and say, "Leah was wondering if Sally would like to come play some time this week?"
instead of what we are really thinking, which is "If I have to sit through one more tea party and get bossed around by my 3-year old any more today, I'm going to go crazy so please send your child over to keep my child company!"

And why does Sally's mom say, "Yes, Sally would love to come and play with Leah any time you'd like!"

instead of what she is really thinking, which is "Thank heavens you called, I was about to go crazy, too!"
Is it just me?

Either way, I'm so glad that "Sally" is coming to play this week. Although I have resolved to have more structure around here, even though the kids make it so easy to just hang around in pajamas and play all day long.... not that we do that every day.


I've been inspired by these websites, and hope to have something positive to report soon!

2 comments:

Martins said...

Um.. I had the exact same conversation with my neighbor the other day. If you just insert Kaden and Sammy that was pretty much verbatim!

Julia and Aaron said...

Just have to say this post is spot on. Makes me feel better to know that taking care of kids makes others feel a little crazy too! There are days...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...