Thursday, May 27, 2010

Family Pictures


We finally got new family pictures last weekend- our first ones with Adam.


The location was beautiful and warms my heart. We went to historic Battle Ground, Indiana, the very spot where Native American leader Tecumseh battled colonizers back in the early 1800s. Having studied 6 years of US history in Virginia, the name Tecumseh and it's pronunciation are pretty familiar to me.

But the first time Jason (who received his US history lessons solely in Colorado) saw the name he asked me,

"Who is Te-koosh-e-ma?"

Hee Hee. Gotta love the effort.


We had the pictures taken in the afternoon, and had to wake Leah up from her nap to get her ready- bad idea. How do kids always seem to know when you've got somewhere to be? Those are the days they sleep the longest!


So she was surprisingly uncooperative and we bribed her shamelessly with ice cream! vanilla! with sprinkles! I wasn't really expecting her to be so disinterested in smiling, but somehow we ended up with a few cute shots.


Mister Man couldn't sit still for very long- there was too much to explore and eat! I love all of these pictures.



As for Jason and I... we both commented on how tired and old we look. That can't be a good thing.

But this is my new favorite picture. Doesn't this look something like a wedding announcement? Leah keeps asking me, "Why is that a kissing-mom picture?"


You can check out some more favorites at our photographer's blog.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Beautiful pictures! They all turned out great!!

Carolyn said...

I love all of the pictures! You all look wonderful!

Julia and Aaron said...

The pictures look just great! I especially like the last one.

We bribed our kids with candy too:) and I know what you mean about looking tired and old...:)

Jessica said...

It's fun to see the pictures on your blog! I am glad you like them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...