Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I cried a little today...

Okay, not really. As it turns out, I'm not much of a crier. I think the last time I cried was in February after a really mean person said some really mean things to me. That, and between moving across the country and just being postpartum, I cried enough in 2009 to get me through the next decade.
Today, I cut off Adam's soft, fuzzy baby hair. His stick up hair has gotten out of control lately, and I was hoping to get a little trimmed off the top so I could start styling it all cute and little boy-like.

But when I took a closer look, I realized that he had no hair in the front. He basically had a skunk-like strip of hair running from the middle of his head down the back. A toned down mowhawk, if you will.There were just a few really long pieces of baby hair hanging down toward his eyes and ears and swirling down the back of his scalp.So, once I got over my initial sadness (oh how Leah and I loved to twirl that floofy mowhawk!), I got to work and evened up his hair. And since he was encouraged to keep still with the aid of a tasty treat, he didn't seem to mind at all.And now he has a pretty darn cute little boy hair cut... or at least no more floofy skunk hair.

But still... sniff, sniff... my baby's first hair cut.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I know how you feel--I cut Isaac's hair again this week and it was like saying goodbye to my baby and hello to my son. As in someone who was going to be making vroomy truck noises and catching frogs the minute I turned around.

Julia and Aaron said...

He looks really cute! Good job! And I'm sorry for that mean person who said lots of mean things. I don't get people sometimes. And hormones really get me too. I never used to cry until I had kids and now I tear up all the time. Ugh:).

whitney said...

Ahhh, what a big boy! He looks so grown-up now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...