Monday, May 31, 2010

Family Hike

For Memorial Day we went on another local adventure- this time on a family hike. We found a beautiful forest to explore, and we all had a great time traversing bridges, long staircases, and switchback hillsides... all on a three-year-old's level, of course. I got a few great pictures of Jason with the kids, and he got a few pictures of my scary face. Being the observer, not the do-er, that she is, Leah was very concerned about the whole concept of the hike. (We can hardly walk to the end of our street without Leah saying, "I can't see our house. I'm very nervous that we are going so far away from home. When are we going home?") But once we started collecting nature things in a bottle, she was all over the moss, flowers, sticks, and acorns. We even found two snail shells!
And now, weeks later, she is still chattering away about our family hike- the big river, the scary place that Mommy sat in, and her snail shells (which have found a home on her dresser).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...