Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Back At It!

 A two month hiatus is not preferred, but not uncommon for the blog, but it sure feels like a daunting task when I've got a very two full months of summer to catch up on.  And what an excellent summer it was!  Not one of us is entirely ready to say goodbye to the long days and warm nights and endless possibilities that come with summer, but alas, the clock keeps ticking and we keep marching forward.  So, to encourage myself to get cracking with the updates, I'm going to start with a common sight in our house, summer or winter, day or night, old or young, there is often someone curled up on the couch with a book full of memories in their lap and a smile on their face. 
Someone recently asked all of the kids what their earliest core memories were, and they said that it was hard to know for sure because their early childhood days were so thoroughly documented on the blog.  I'm going to give myself a nice, long clap on the back for that because this blog has been my fifth baby for the last 17 years and I am quite proud of that.  (Also my dad checked in to make sure he hadn't miss a blog site relocation.  Hi Dad!)  Nope, just time to get back in the habit.  Let's keep the memories- and their preservation- going!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...