Thursday, November 20, 2025

Back at BYU

Ready or not, here she comes! Leah had another day of freshman orientation, a weekend plus Labor Day and plenty of time to get settled in before she started classes. 
 There are lots of smiles in these pictures, but there were plenty of rough moments too. It's hard to find your place in a new world! But Leah told me that first weekend that she was going to do the hard work of finding new friends and showing up now so that it would be easier later. She is one brave cookie!
These are some of our very favorite missionaries!
I got to see Bea!
It was so hard to be away from our best pookie Emma! Cue the facetiming and constant texting. 
Aww, Emma's pajama pants in Target!
And bit by bit, each day Leah got more comfortable navigating her new life.
Leah lives here now!
Our first apartment - that tree has grown so much over the last 20 years.
We floated down the Provo River! 10/10, would definitely recommend. 
I was lucky enough to be in Utah with Leah for a week! But I still wasn't ready to say goodbye when the time finally came. 
But she is definitely ready to start this exciting new chapter in her life. So I gave her a BIG hug, and an extra one for October when I wouldn't see her, and we started the countdown to Thanksgiving, when we will be together again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...