Whew, this is going to be a big post, so I think I'll start simply with the goodbyes. The day after school started for everyone else, it was time for Leah (and I) to hop on a plane to Utah. The father and I talked about a hundred different scenarios in which we could get Leah to college while also supporting Noah, Emma, and Adam in their back-to-school adventures, and ultimately we decided that I would fly out with Leah while he stayed in Iowa to work and take care of all the things at home. Dividing and conquering is often best, but that doesn't mean it's the easiest. Saying goodbye was hard for everyone.
Adam was off to marching band practice before anyone else was awake. It didn't really occur to me how special these last morning-as-a-family moments would be, but looking back, I would have insisted that Adam stay home to join us at the airport.
One of those suitcases was mine, but the rest was all of Leah's college life, packed into just a few suitcases!
Thank you to the sweet ticket counter woman who offered to take our family picture. We were all on the verge of tears. Happy tears, sad tears, nervous tears. This was it!
We made it there in plenty of time to be silly.
And sad. It was hard to go up that escalator.
But eventually we made it onto the plane and tried to go back to sleep. We put a lot of effort into getting this college girl ready to go!
Goodbye, Iowa!
Our layover was in Minneapolis.
We got this news on our second flight!
Crazy!!
Tradition.
Hello, Utah.
Hello, Grandpa!
Cue the tears.
We made it!
No comments:
Post a Comment