Wednesday, November 19, 2025

Sisters Time in SLC

Leah had more freshman orientation the next day, so I headed north to SLC for some sisters time! Allison and I decided to try to approach the city as if we were tourists, and we had so much fun! 
I got to meet her roommate, her catmate, and her pupmate! We all immediately bonded. 
A great sisters visit includes long walks, good food, time in water and lots of laughs. And we did it all! 
The most touristy thing we could find to do in SLC was also the MOST fun I've had in a long time - we went on a carriage ride that was pulled by a UNICORN!!
Apparently Al wanted to be demure, apparently when I'm in a carriage I go into full-on Princess Diaries on a trolley mode and had no choice but to wave to every single peasant in a three-mile radius. It was a hilarious evening, in which we rode straight through a wedding rehearsal, saw a beautiful Dale Chihuly glass-blown sculpture, smashed a geode, could have possibly been poisoned by our driver's drink, drove past the Anniversary Inn (from our honeymoon!), found out Emma got the lead for Newsies, saw a ton of cool architecture and murals in downtown SLC, and I embarrassed my little sister straight to her core by being the opposite of chill in all ways possible. It was a night to remember! 
This awesome artist alley reminded me of Sao Paulo! 
We watched the sunrise on Ensign Peak! A very touristy, and very beautiful thing to do. 
High on a mountaintop, 
a banner is unfurled! 
RIP tiny smashed geode pieces. 
Breakfast was at the SLC farmers market! 
We ate chocolate, swam in Al's pool, fed the homeless, snuggled the cat, and just loved being together. There isn't any greater gift than a sibling who is also a best friend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...