The return of school was looming, but we still had SO much summer to enjoy when August arrived.
Emma and Noah ROCKED their summer show choir camp. These are the kinds of experiences that I just didn't have as a kid because we were often moving in the summertime, and didn't know about the summer offerings of the new school. (Also, I don't think extracurricular activities in general were as intense in the summers back in the 90s as they are now. Plusses and minuses to both, I suppose.)
Umm, hello Mr. Deep Voice!
Always with the point 5's.
We love a good summer rainstorm.
Always on the lookout-
Girls movie night with our besties!
Emma is so close to getting her braces off!
Laney made a new best friend- Sir Bun Bun!
Lawn mowing jobs are a childhood must.
Point 5's!
Emma got her learner's permit! She aced the test and was super confident about driving until the father took her to Walnut Woods and she 'almost crashed into another car and died'. We'll keep working on it!
A late night Choralation initiation party left Adam exhausted for marching band camp the next morning, so I offered him a parking lot nap.
We visited the temple grounds!And the Oskaloosa branch. Leah attended the YSA branch this summer, so she wasn't with us every Sunday. It was good practice for college life.
We took care of Gwennifer. Laney helps herself at Gwenny's house.
Sweet siblings! Laney made a new best friend- Sir Bun Bun!
Lawn mowing jobs are a childhood must.
Emma and Noah both said they want a yard just like this.
We visited the hospital more than once this summer to support our friend Truman and his family.
Emma, Noah, and I went on a youth temple trip to Kansas City!
The Dungeons and Deacons! (plus Christian)
We stopped at Liberty Jail too.
Pup snuggles! Point 5's!
Emma got her learner's permit! She aced the test and was super confident about driving until the father took her to Walnut Woods and she 'almost crashed into another car and died'. We'll keep working on it!
We made it to this year's baseball game! Emma was happily reunited with her boyfriend. He seems to have shrunk over the years.
No Adam, he was at a Valley Singers retreat.
But we still had a great night!
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Ma'am that is a child. The game was SO boring, but we still had a blast!
Emma and Noah continued to be my Costco samples buddies. Some were tastier than others.
Cute little muffin!
Emma and Noah continued to be my Costco samples buddies. Some were tastier than others.
Cute little muffin!
As many paddleboard dates as we could squeeze in! I *might* have *accidentally* falled into Maffitt Lake on this day, and the water was glorious!
Little loaf of pup!
Spooky storm shelf cloud!
We had a youth skate party! It was SO much fun, even though I fell for the first time in as long as I can remember. It was more remarkable that so many adults commented on the fact that I was skating at all. I don't want to give up this fun until I absolutely have to!
Helfsga and Moleski in another life.
There was a lot of "one more time" events in August for Leah, from movies to favorite restaurants to one-on-one dates with everyone in the family!
Noah nailed his double bass solo in the DSM Youth Symphony summer strings program.
Where we live, this is the view from the pond by the library. Can you spot the blue heron looking for breakfast?
Adam completed drivers ed and started practicing his driving skills hardcore in August, starting with a trip to the donut shop!
We made it to Heavenly Delights in August!
Leah and Kell met us there straight from the fields.
No words required, this picture sums up Emma's feelings about the constant presence of some people perfectly.
Hello, ladies!
Hiking and açai for the win!
We didn't get pool passes this summer (that season of life has ended), and the kids all voted to go to Cascade Falls one more time before summer was over. Nostalgia overload!
I am happy. It was just cold.
I really wanted to have one final campout in the backyard before summer was over. There were lots of times this summer when we set a date for something on the calendar and were just happy for whoever was able to make it whenever they were able to get there. We had a great night, and I think Leah got into the tent around midnight after getting home from a YSA activity.
Four little bugs snuggled up in their rugs.
Plus one rumpled pup.
We have a pretty great camping spot in our backyard.
Summer, please don't ever end!

No comments:
Post a Comment