Wednesday, November 19, 2025

Freshman Orientation

 BYU's freshman orientation is a three-day adventure that started in the Marriott Center! Leah met up with her University 101 class for the first time, and they made their way into the student side while all of the parents made their way through the parents info fair. I was doing pretty good with my tears until I saw this little sticker. We are just embarking on a new chapter of our family's story! 
BYU's largest freshman class so far- 7,000 students! 
Cosmo! 
The overarching theme of the one-hour pep rally and then the one-hour devotional was that the admissions office did not make any mistakes, and that each freshman was there at BYU for a reason. And that freshman year is hard, and that these are some of the most formative years of life. All true! 
I know this place! The father knows this place! And now Leah is learning this place! And it is a very special place. 
This is what makes this school so special!
I didn't see Leah for a few more hours, but I did enjoy the most expensive free ice cream I've ever had while attending several parents seminars. 
And visiting the library- 
and my old workplace - the ASB!
In the afternoon, I met up with Leah and Sarah! 
We made our way down these treacherous stairs- 
down this path- 
past the duck pond (which the father and I were far more nostalgic about than Leah was, but that's okay, she was just a baby)- 
because everything holds so many memories. Even these bike racks.
We ate at The Brick Oven- it was so sweet to hear these girls reconnect. They have been anticipating this season of togetherness for years! 
We took the traditional BYU sign picture! 
There it is! They Y on the mountain. And the mountain! Utah is beautiful. 
Leah and Sarah spent some time together and then she and I were back in the same space, if not together, for the freshman class Y picture, entertainment from the marching band, football team, Vocal Point, Cosmo, and a very cool drone show. BYU definitely knows how to impress their new students, and their parents! 
What a long and fun day! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...