¡Hola a todos!
I finished my second week at the CCM! It went by a LOT faster than last week now that we have a steady schedule. Some highlights:
Ayudar a Otros - we had our first "Helping Others" activity in person, which is where we teach actual people lessons. Every other time it's been online and either Hermana Ballard or I will have a family member join so we can teach them. But this time we got to teach a dad and a little boy! They were so sweet and patient while we taught. It was so cool!
Sólo Español - this week we put our "solo español" stickers on our nametags! Which basically means in class we aren't learning in English anymore and we're trying to speak Spanish outside of class too. Tomorrow we're having a mega English-fast and not speaking ANY English. I'm excited for it!
Doble Arcoìris - the other day, we went outside for a part of our Spanish class and there was a double rainbow!! Which means this is a super lucky week. 
Temple Time! We went to the temple today! It was so cool to drive around Mexico City and the temple was beautiful! Sadly, the temple is closed for cleaning the whole time we're here, so we didn't get to go inside, but we got a tour of the visitors center and it was so beautiful! I'll just have to come back someday to actually go inside the temple!
Gemelos - there's another district in our branch of fluent Spanish-speakers and they're the most awesome group of missionaries ever!! We twinned with them this past Sunday and all wore blue. After church, we chatted and had a photoshoot with them and it was so much fun! They left yesterday which is tragic but they'll all be great missionaries!
1 BILLION mosquitoes - Hermana Ballard and I did laundry yesterday and as I put my laundry in the washing machine literally what seemed like 1 billion mosquitoes flew out. It was horrifying.
Food - the first week, we had tacos a bunch but they were delicious every night. This week, the food has been more American-ish but kind of more strange-tasting, so I've had to be a bit more careful about what I eat. But it's okay because I only have two more weeks and the food is usually good!
Spiritual Thought: We watched this really powerful video in the visitors center of the temple about the growth of the church. It showed thousands of people sustaining the prophet in General Conference and then a flashback to the first ever church meeting with Joseph Smith and just a few people there sustaining him as prophet, and it is such a beautiful video! I think it's so powerful how the efforts of people back in the 1800s have blessed the lives of millions of people since then. It makes me excited to go out and be a part of this great work of bringing people the joy of the gospel! I know that we can all plant seeds (or semillas) of faith in other people's lives as well as our own when we try to be more Christlike in our thoughts and actions every day.
Ayudar a Otros - we had our first "Helping Others" activity in person, which is where we teach actual people lessons. Every other time it's been online and either Hermana Ballard or I will have a family member join so we can teach them. But this time we got to teach a dad and a little boy! They were so sweet and patient while we taught. It was so cool!
Sólo Español - this week we put our "solo español" stickers on our nametags! Which basically means in class we aren't learning in English anymore and we're trying to speak Spanish outside of class too. Tomorrow we're having a mega English-fast and not speaking ANY English. I'm excited for it!
Doble Arcoìris - the other day, we went outside for a part of our Spanish class and there was a double rainbow!! Which means this is a super lucky week. 
Temple Time! We went to the temple today! It was so cool to drive around Mexico City and the temple was beautiful! Sadly, the temple is closed for cleaning the whole time we're here, so we didn't get to go inside, but we got a tour of the visitors center and it was so beautiful! I'll just have to come back someday to actually go inside the temple!
Gemelos - there's another district in our branch of fluent Spanish-speakers and they're the most awesome group of missionaries ever!! We twinned with them this past Sunday and all wore blue. After church, we chatted and had a photoshoot with them and it was so much fun! They left yesterday which is tragic but they'll all be great missionaries! Other stuff:
1 BILLION mosquitoes - Hermana Ballard and I did laundry yesterday and as I put my laundry in the washing machine literally what seemed like 1 billion mosquitoes flew out. It was horrifying.
Food - the first week, we had tacos a bunch but they were delicious every night. This week, the food has been more American-ish but kind of more strange-tasting, so I've had to be a bit more careful about what I eat. But it's okay because I only have two more weeks and the food is usually good! Spanish word of the week: semilla
Semilla means seed, and I like it because 1) it's a really good analogy for faith and 2) it's so cute sounding to me!
Extra bonus word: chipi-chipi 

Our teachers told us this was the phrase for sprinkling, and it's been sprinkling a lot lately!
Spiritual Thought: We watched this really powerful video in the visitors center of the temple about the growth of the church. It showed thousands of people sustaining the prophet in General Conference and then a flashback to the first ever church meeting with Joseph Smith and just a few people there sustaining him as prophet, and it is such a beautiful video! I think it's so powerful how the efforts of people back in the 1800s have blessed the lives of millions of people since then. It makes me excited to go out and be a part of this great work of bringing people the joy of the gospel! I know that we can all plant seeds (or semillas) of faith in other people's lives as well as our own when we try to be more Christlike in our thoughts and actions every day. Thanks for reading all the way to the end of this email!! If anyone has any advice on or resources for teaching families in an engaging way, send it my way! We've learned a lot about teaching one-on-one, but I'm sure I'll be teaching families too and I'd love to practice now! Or if you just want to reach out, I can only answer on P day but I can still read emails during the week and I love to hear from you guys!
I hope everyone has an amazing week!! Jesus loves you!
Hermana Morales :)





No comments:
Post a Comment