The second big travel day of Leah's mission happened while the rest of us were in Utah and in and out of service. We were delighted to connect with Leah when she was at the mission home in Arizona! This is the quick email that she sent us that night. Leah loves the temple and I am so happy she started her time in her mission there.
Hello! I can actually write about what I want to say know because we're at one of the senior missionaries homes for the night! This bed is SO cushy and I know I'll sleep so good. Arizona is beautiful! We went to the temple and there were beautiful plants everywhere and the sunset was so pretty! Driving around reminds me of high school musical 2, radiator springs, tatooine, and holes all at the same time. Also a lot of the buildings have those red wavy tile roofs so it kind of just looks like West Des Moines sometimes. I'm excited to meet my companion tomorrow and actually start connecting with someone! It'll be awesome and I'm excited for a day where I'm not too pooped to notice anything. I'm so glad I got to call you guys today and I hope your time at Grammy Q's house is fun! Also we get to go to the temple every p day if we want! Anyways I love you all sooooo much!!! 





While Leah was en route to her first area, I recieved this email- it was a clerical error but I actually LOVED reading it. I needed the reminder that time will continue passing day by day until this mission is completed!
Dear Parent(s),
Your daughter, Sister Leah Morales, will return home 16 Nov 2027, after successfully completing her service as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ in the Arizona Tucson Mission. We know that Sister Morales has a testimony of our Lord Jesus Christ, His Church and the Restored Gospel. We pray that she may have many opportunities to serve in the Church to continue her eternal progression as a child of God.
We appreciate the service your daughter has given while on her mission. We love her and consider it a privilege to have served with her. She has served with love and devotion and has blessed many lives in the Arizona Tucson Mission.
We thank you as her parents, for all you have done to raise her up unto the Lord, by helping her prepare to serve a full-time mission.
With Love and Appreciation,
President and Sister Loo
Arizona Tucson Mission
Mission Leaders
I love this sweet face. Day by day she is collecting the experiences that are shaping her testimony, her faith and her future!
No comments:
Post a Comment