Hello everyone!! I hope your week has been amazing so far! I feel like it's so true that the days are long but the weeks are short because it feels like it was just P Day but also how has it been just a few days since all of this happened?
Highlights:
️ Rainy week - It's monsoon season in Rio Rico right now so it's been miraculously cool and cloudy this week! It's actually been such a blessing because its one less thing to get used to in my first few weeks.
️ Cookies - On Friday we made probably 50 cookies that we took to our neighbors, people we're teaching, and the other missionaries! Plus we had a few extra too
it was a fun and different way to spend a couple hours of our day!
️ The best 2 hours of my life - a big part of missionary work is knocking doors, and last Wednesday we had the best knocking bout of my entire life (even though the bar is low). It was pretty toasty that day but as we were knocking, we knocked on the door of this house that had a barn next to it that had a poster on it that said "with God all things are possible". We told the guy at the door that we liked his sign and he had 2 extra ones that he GAVE us for free!! It was super awesome and he was so chill, and then later we looked at our tracking app and it said that he was had been kind of mean to missionaries in the past but he was so nice to us so it was such a blessing!.
️ Part 2 - literally 2 seconds after the cool poster guy, we thought we heard music for and ice cream truck but didn't see one anywhere so we were a bit sad because an ice cream truck would've been awesome. But a few minutes later, an ice cream truck actually turned onto the street we were on!! We ran up and bought ice cream from these super awesome ladies and we got to eat
️ Finding people - last week, we found a lot of people who were interested when we first talked to them, but less interested when we contacted them later. But this week we found 2 awesome people who are actually excited about learning about the gospel!! We had a lesson with this sweet lady Karina who is so excited to read the Book of Mormon and has lots of questions! We also talked to a mom who said that she's been thinking about going back to church because she wants to be closer to the word of God! Its so amazing seeing the people God has been preparing that we've been able to find and share God's love with. They are so ready to come closer to Christ!
️ Temple trip feat. Trader Joe's - this morning we got to go to the temple!! It's about an hour and a half away but it was so worth it because the peace that comes from the temple is just what I needed this week. And we stopped by Trader Joe's on the way home so we have some fun meals for this week AND gouda cheese!
️ Member meal - we had dinner with the bishop and his wife and I tried cow intestine
mostly just so I could say I ate something crazy. Now that I have, I will not be doing that again.
Spiritual thought:
In our zone-wide meeting, we talked about our call as missionaries and how important it is to act with urgency and diligence. Our job as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ, and we're literally called to represent God himself! Our mission President said "your voice is His voice, your acts are His acts". What a responsibility! Its such a privilege to be representing my Heavenly Father, and while it is sometimes hard to get up in the morning, when I remember who I'm representing and what He would do in this situation, it's a lot easier to share this message with joy and boldness! I think as members of the church and as people who have the joy of Christ's message in our lives, our job is to do what He would do if He was here right now. When we work diligently, God will magnify our efforts and I've seen that so much already!
️ Rainy week - It's monsoon season in Rio Rico right now so it's been miraculously cool and cloudy this week! It's actually been such a blessing because its one less thing to get used to in my first few weeks.
️ Cookies - On Friday we made probably 50 cookies that we took to our neighbors, people we're teaching, and the other missionaries! Plus we had a few extra too
it was a fun and different way to spend a couple hours of our day!
️ The best 2 hours of my life - a big part of missionary work is knocking doors, and last Wednesday we had the best knocking bout of my entire life (even though the bar is low). It was pretty toasty that day but as we were knocking, we knocked on the door of this house that had a barn next to it that had a poster on it that said "with God all things are possible". We told the guy at the door that we liked his sign and he had 2 extra ones that he GAVE us for free!! It was super awesome and he was so chill, and then later we looked at our tracking app and it said that he was had been kind of mean to missionaries in the past but he was so nice to us so it was such a blessing!.
️ Part 2 - literally 2 seconds after the cool poster guy, we thought we heard music for and ice cream truck but didn't see one anywhere so we were a bit sad because an ice cream truck would've been awesome. But a few minutes later, an ice cream truck actually turned onto the street we were on!! We ran up and bought ice cream from these super awesome ladies and we got to eat ice cream while we were walking!! It was a great day.
️ Finding people - last week, we found a lot of people who were interested when we first talked to them, but less interested when we contacted them later. But this week we found 2 awesome people who are actually excited about learning about the gospel!! We had a lesson with this sweet lady Karina who is so excited to read the Book of Mormon and has lots of questions! We also talked to a mom who said that she's been thinking about going back to church because she wants to be closer to the word of God! Its so amazing seeing the people God has been preparing that we've been able to find and share God's love with. They are so ready to come closer to Christ!
️ Temple trip feat. Trader Joe's - this morning we got to go to the temple!! It's about an hour and a half away but it was so worth it because the peace that comes from the temple is just what I needed this week. And we stopped by Trader Joe's on the way home so we have some fun meals for this week AND gouda cheese!
️ Member meal - we had dinner with the bishop and his wife and I tried cow intestine
mostly just so I could say I ate something crazy. Now that I have, I will not be doing that again. Spanish word of the week: relΓ‘mpago
(lightning) this week because of the storms, there's also a bunch of lightning! We have a deck in our apartment, so we've just been going out at night and appreciating the awesomeness of nature!
(lightning) this week because of the storms, there's also a bunch of lightning! We have a deck in our apartment, so we've just been going out at night and appreciating the awesomeness of nature!
Spiritual thought:
In our zone-wide meeting, we talked about our call as missionaries and how important it is to act with urgency and diligence. Our job as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ, and we're literally called to represent God himself! Our mission President said "your voice is His voice, your acts are His acts". What a responsibility! Its such a privilege to be representing my Heavenly Father, and while it is sometimes hard to get up in the morning, when I remember who I'm representing and what He would do in this situation, it's a lot easier to share this message with joy and boldness! I think as members of the church and as people who have the joy of Christ's message in our lives, our job is to do what He would do if He was here right now. When we work diligently, God will magnify our efforts and I've seen that so much already!God loves you all so much!! I always love to hear from you guys! Also, if you have quick easy recipes that you love, I'd love to try them! You are all awesome! Love,











No comments:
Post a Comment