Hola a todos!! I made it to the CCM! It's so beautiful here - there's so many trees and the grass is so green! I can't believe it's been only a week, every day is so long and full of awesome things to do. I definitely don't remember all the fun stuff that happened this week but here are some highlights:
Meeting my district in person!! To address my email title, our district is 7C and our zone leaders came up and asked us "are you guys district 67??" sorry 67 haters but we thought it was hilarious and have been saying it all week. Our district is 12 hermanas and we're one of the first all-sister districts at the CCM! It's been really fun so far.
Meeting our teachers in person as well! Every day is kind of like a reunion because I see people I recognize all the time and it's awesome. But we got to meet Hermana Delgado, our Spanish teacher, and Hermano Luna, our PMG teacher, in person! They're both so sweet and we've had so much fun actually joking around and talking with them. We found out that Hermano Luna is getting engaged soon and we got to meet his girlfriend because she teaches at the CCM too!! They're actually the cutest thing I've ever seen
Rain! It's the beginning of rain season in Mexico City and so it rains for like an hour every day! The first day we had no idea that would happen so it started POURING and we all got soaked. But it was awesome anyways! Now I bring an umbrella every day because you never know when it's going to rain.
Fast Sunday - our first Sunday here was fast Sunday and it was awesome because we all got to bear our testimonies in our branch! Giving a testimony in Spanish is kind of nerve wracking but we all cooked! Also that break the fast dinner was like the best food I've ever tasted - contrary to popular belief, the food here is actually really good most of the time!
Gym time! Every day we have time to be active before lunch and it's been so fun working out with my district! We've played soccer and volleyball and today we're playing pickleball! It's a really nice change from studying and sitting in devotionals.
Musical numbers - there are so many talented people here! Yesterday there was a string quartet that played O Divine Redeemer and I don't think I've ever heard a more beautiful string quartet in my life. There wasn't a dry eye in that auditorium!Some kind of lame stuff:
So. Much. Orientation. Thank goodness our first week is over and we won't be the new missionaries anymore because my brain is so crammed full of rules and expectations that I think it would explode if I had to hear them again.
The beds are slightly rock solid. Which is okay because I'm so tired at the end of the day that I really don't notice, but my back does sometimes. Thankfully it's only my bed for a couple weeks!
New phone - I get a phone to use which is awesome, but the keyboard is kind of really buns and is taking a lot of getting used to. I got to write this email on a computer though! 
Spanish word of the week: gozo 

Gozo means joy in Spanish, and on Sunday, I bore my testimony about how much joy the gospel has brought to my life. I feel like I've heard that word a lot this week and remembering the joy I have in my life makes me want to share it with others!
Spiritual Thought: On Sunday we all had a devotional where they played an amazing video from Elder Holland and he talked about leaving your nets and feeding God's sheep. There's a talk where he explains the same concept called The First Great Commandment - I'd highly recommend listening to it! It was amazing because he explains that God has a higher calling for us. He needs us to be His hands and invite others to come unto Christ! We had a district discussion about it afterwards and we talked about how it might be hard to wake up at 6:30 every day or talk to so many people every day in an unfamiliar language, but we're willing to do it because we love God. And we're willing to do it because we want to bring others the joy that has blessed our lives. And if helping families be together for eternity means I have to wake up early every morning for 18 months, I'll do it. I loved our discussion so much and it's given me a lot of motivation this week! You are all so awesome!! I've loved getting emails from so many of you! Even if I don't respond right away I still love to read them
I hope everyone has a fantastic week and know that God loves you!
I hope everyone has a fantastic week and know that God loves you! Hermana Morales
No comments:
Post a Comment