Tuesday, July 28, 2026

πŸš€The Big One: Keep Out of Reach of Children (cool!!)πŸš€

 ¡Hola a todos! This email is actually for everyone, it doesn't need to be kept out of reach from children... but it will be a big one! I actually just made that the title because I've written a bunch of quick tiny emails, and now it's time for The Big One™️.

This week kind of flew by! Its a good thing i have a journal because I don't remember a lot of it πŸ˜… sometimes we get into the flow of things and the days blur together, but they're all good days! Here are some highlights:
⭐️ Bap Date!!! Theres a sweet family in our ward with an 8 year old girl who wants to talk with the missionaries before getting baptized! So while she doesnt need to be taught all the lessons because she's only 8, we still get to come and get her excited for baptism! She's super excited to follow Christ's example and I'm so excited for her! 
⭐️ Air Conditioning - people have been more willing to let us in to their homes this week because its toasty outside! One family gave us a whole bag of fresh eggs from their chickens too so that was epic! πŸ₯š 
⭐️ Star Pictures - we visited a brother in pur ward for lunch this week and he taught us how to take really cool star pictures on our phone cameras! He gave us these little clickers so we can take photos without touching the camera too! I feel very professional. 
⭐️ ¡Zouncil! This week we had zone council, which just means that everybody in the south zone of our mission area, met together and we set new goals and celebrated each other's successes! I always love seeing all the other missionaries and hearing about the miracles that they're seeing because the work is happening everywhere and its so exciting to see! Also we ate Trader Joe's cinnamon muffins πŸ˜‹
⭐️ One day this week it had been a what kind of rough day, but we got home and our awesome hispanic neighbors invited us to come eat with them!!! Those were the best tacos i've ever eaten at 9:00 at night. And probably in my whole life come to think of it! 
⭐️ Rainbow Loom Bracelets - we visited a family yesterday for dinner. And their sweet little 10 year old boy taught us how to make rainbow loom bracelets!! It's been a minute since I made rainbow loom bracelets but i used to crank them out. He even gave us glow in the dark bands, so its extra cool! I'll attach a picture of it πŸ˜Ž 

Lowlight:
There are bugs in our sink πŸ₯² so every night we get home, brace ourselves, and then we turn the lights on to see how many cockroaches will crawl out of our sink πŸ™ƒ ai grab the flyswatter and an unfortunate bug massacre occurs every night. but not to worry, the bug guy is coming on Friday! Our hero!
Spanish word of the week: aleatorio πŸ‘½ 
According to Spanish Dictionary, this means random! Lots of random stuff happens to us every day, whether it's random blessings or random weird encounters we have with people - there's never a dull moment in missionary work! 

🩷Spiritual Thought🩷 
1 John 4:19 - "We love him, because he first loved us."
I love this verse and I've been thinking about it this week as I've been studying Christlike attributes! If we want to connect with others, we have to love them first. We can't expect others to love us or let us into their lives without showing that we care. I've seen this in missionary work - people open up more when you show genuine interest and care in what they're talking about. 
I also love this quote from Elder Causee's talk 'Love All, Love Each' - "Christlike love grows and multiplies as it is shared. When we show others the pure love of Christ, they come to recognize more fully how deeply the Lord cares for them—and, in turn, their own capacity to love is enlarged and strengthened." 
There are lots of ways to show the pure love of Christ: being honest with others in a loving manner, praying for others, letting go of a grudge, expressing appreciation. We could all use a little more love in our lives, and it can start with us! It takes effort, but as disciples of Christ we've promised to share Christ's love with others and I'm so grateful for that call that we have! 
God loves you AND He loves all the people around you - help them to realize that! I hope you all have a great week! Love,
Hermana Morales πŸ˜

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...