Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ah, Precious Sleep...

I have a feeling that Leah is going to be transitioning from a two-nap angel baby to a one-nap toddler any day now. Does anyone have any advice on how to make this a smooth switch?
Our schedule right now is up at 7:00, nap at 9:00, up at 10:00, nap at 1:00, up at 2:00, bedtime at 7:00. Although her nap lengths are getting fuzzy (leading me to believe we need the switch), most nights she is out like a light at 7:00... which I love. I just need to find a new nap schedule that I can love, too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been making this switch the last three months. We do one nap from 11 until 1:00. During the transition period, he would hit a point about 4 or 5 in the evening where he was grumpy until bedtime. We are just barely to the point where he is starting to be happy the entire time he is awake after taking just one nap. Good luck!

Martin Family said...

I'm sure you know I am the worst person to give advice when it comes to sleep schedules... Sorry, wish I could help! :)

christa said...

It's been my experience that they just do it themselves. Elle used to take a nap by 10:30am and then again around 3pm and went to bed at 7:30pm. And for the last month she just didn't seem tired at 10:30am anymore so I stopped giving her a nap then, she now seems tired after lunch, so I usually get her down by noon or 12:30pm, she sleeps only an hour sometimes 2 depending on how tired she is and still goes to bed at 7:30pm.
Super jealous Leah is still taking two naps! I think Eva took two naps till she was 2 or so...not Elle though. It's easy if you just watch their cues...no matter what time I put Elle down when she's acting tired, wether it's 9:30am or 2pm, and yes both those times of day I have laid her down.
Good luck! :)

Aubrey said...

You are lucky you are just now switching to one nap a day. Hyrum has been taking one nap a day for quite some time now. He always goes down around 10:30/11:00 and sleeps for a couple of hours. But he still gets cranky around the time he usually took his second nap at 3:30. But I would put him down and he never slept a wink. So I just made his second nap a "quiet time". I put him down with a book sometimes. And he is only in his crib for 30-45 minutes, but its enough to last until his 7:00 bedtime. But with every child its different. But try to shoot for a "quiet time" if she won't go down for a second nap. Good luck!

Taralyn said...

all i did was keep suede occupied until after lunch (around 12:30 or 1) and then she goes down after she eats for about 2.5 hours. It usually works out well b/c then there's not a big gap before bedtime at 7pm. it only took her about a week to like the new schedule.

Mrs. S said...

Madelyn also transitions herself pretty much. She could go longer in the morning without a nap. I think I'd put her down at 11-ish or maybe a bit earlier. She would also sleep longer during the first nap and a short while during the second nap. That's when I really noticed she was just needing the one hap. On days where she had one nap and was really grumpy by 4 or 5 I would lay her down and have her take a 45 minute ish nap. That helped a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...