Friday, September 26, 2008

The Story

Okay, now that I have a few minutes to type, the short version of the story is that a few day ago a roofing company showed up and started demolishing our roof. We had no idea they were coming. That's when the light fixture above Leah's crib fell and shattered all over her room. I'm still finding pieces everywhere.

Then, yesterday, when they were putting the new roof on, someone stepped through the roof and into Leah's room. They were knocking on our door 5 minutes after we got home to get in and clean it up, and now it looks like this:

We had a slumber party in our room last night, lest the entire room implode on itself, and now we're just waiting for them to come patch it up for good.... But who knows when that will be. They don't seem to have much regard for the fact that we live here.
Oop- the pounding just started again. Looks like nap time is over.
It's been a long week.
Oh, and for anyone that was wondering, TPM is our complex manager. They've been fairly responsive through this whole thing, but overall, they make me an angry person.

7 comments:

christa said...

Yikes, that sucks. Glass is the worst too, you feel like you can never get all of it! I hope you can. Good luck over the weekend.

TD Quong said...

RUDE! I'm irritated with them and I only live next door! I can't believe they didn't tell you they were coming. Jerk faces. It's okay to be an angry person over that.

Kristyn said...

Oh Melanie I'm so sorry. I've heard horror stories about TPM. (Remember the flooding - twice - with the Hansens?) But I'm glad they've been fairly responsive with you. And I know how you feel about the spaghetti. I've all but outlawed it in my house.

Chantelle said...

Man alive! I'm so sorry...hope it gets resolved ASAP! That's pretty much awful.

Kika VilaNova said...

Our managers are "slow" most the times too... I am still waiting for the bathroom sink that I reported funky 2 months ago to be fixed... maybe one day it will be taken care of!

I loved seeing you last week, you're always so sweet and happy! :)

Mrs. S said...

Holy cow, I don't blame you for being angry!

whitney said...

Oh. my. heck. I'd be one angry momma too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...