...I buy clothes for Leah instead of myself.
(in no particular order)
5. Toddlers are hard on their clothes. Leah actually needs new clothes, whereas I am just tired of looking at mine. Tough to compete.
*
4. Everything fits the way it should. It is magical that 18 month clothes- pretty much across the board- fit her just right. I, on the other hand, have to bring maps, a protractor, and a graphing calculator to make sure that I can convert my booty size from one store's interpretation of a "6" to the next.
*
3. Babies are a fashion outlet for the self-conscious mommy. I would buy the latest fashion trends if I knew I could replace them in a mere 6 months!
*
2. If I could buy a pair of jeans, a pair of leggings, a long-sleeved tunic, and a pullover cable-knit sweater for $30 (today's purchase), you bet I'd have a few more hangers filled in my closet. However, knowing that the same combination would run me closer to $100, I'm a little more hesitant.
*
1. Everything looks cute on babies. If I could wear the aforementioned leggings and tunic without being laughed out of playgroup, I might be more inclined to buy some.
(but probably not- I'm just not a leggings kind of gal)
11 comments:
That is so true!!! How cute are you, parents sure do get the short end of the stick sometimes, huh?
Sooo true, even if you look like a slob you can totally shoecase your style through your child.
So I HAVE to know where you went shopping for all that stuff, Elle is in dire(sp?) need of new clothes.
AMEN
Phew. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Shop away!
Just wanted to say that I am not a fan of the leggings trend either. Leggings are NOT pants people! I feel like shouting that to people sometimes, luckily I can hold myself back :)
Very true. Although I must warn you that the temptation dies once you have more than one child, retirement plans, life insurance, and mortgages to pay for. Less trips to Gap and more to Target for us! (Although I still splurge, who's kidding?)
I can't believe you guys are in Fall weather clothes already. Hmmm... I guess it is September. Today was the first day we were actually below 80 and I was considering a long sleeved shirt :)
I completely agree! It is so much more fun to dress adorable babies. I did finally invest and update my wardrobe a couple months ago (it hadn't been updated since high school). That was fun, but depressing!
Ha! #4 made me laugh out loud. A Protractor! Haha! It's so true though. It's sooo easy to buy toddler clothes...and they're all so adorable.
I AM SO WITH YOU!!! ANYTHING and everything I get the boys looks great on them... I am not so fortunate!
I love number 4! I can totally relate!
Post a Comment