Thursday, February 11, 2010

The 6-month-old trash compactor

I have to preface this post by telling a story. Back when Melanie and I were dating we were cleaning up from breakfast at Melanie's place one morning and we had cleared our plates and Melanie's plate had the last bite of a breakfast sandwich on it. Rather than let it go to waste, I ate it. A few seconds later Melanie came over to the counter and asked what happened to her last bite. When I told her I ate it she was so mad she said, "You...TRASH COMPACTOR!" To this day I ask her if she's done with her food, even if it's sitting on the counter, ready to be thrown in the garbage, and to this day, Melanie teases me about being a trash compactor whenever I eat the rest of her food.

Now that you know the history of the term, "trash compactor," I have to admit that Adam is a trash compactor. That kid will eat anything he can get his hands on. And there is no satiating his appetite either! The other night he ate two jars of baby food and half a bowl of rice cereal along with some pieces of bread. Tonight I couldn't shovel the food into his mouth fast enough. He looked like a baby bird waiting for its mother to drop a juicy worm into its mouth. After watching him eat I have a feeling that I will never been a rich man because it will take every penny I have to keep him fed.

-Jason

2 comments:

Kika VilaNova said...

we have a similar nickname to Trevor: garbage disposal. He will eat any and every lefover!!

what a cute son you two have! :)

Rachael said...

boy, do I hear you on this. Isaac eats more than I ever thought one baby could hold. Is it a gender thing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...