Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So Much to Say

Her: Mommy! Look! There are baby tulips inside the flower.

Me: Oh, those are called the pistil and the stamen.

Her: We don't call flowers bad names! Those are there to protect the baby tulips from the insects... that's another name for critters.
*****
Her: The boy from the story and I were about to kiss and then it started to rain so we ran in the house and he jumped back into the story book.

Oh really? Why were you kissing?

Because a seagull was about to steal my glass bed. But now we have a fine glass house and he can't take it anymore.

Me:.....?????..... (Wondering to myself what kind of bedtime stories Daddy reads her!)
*****
Her: Mom! My friend sent me the recipe and we can make Valentines Day cookies.

Me: Really? What do we need to make the cookies?

Her: It says first that we need some chocolate, and then some rice and then... some kiwi. And we bake it in the oven for 3 days and then we can eat them up!

(A little later)- The recipe says we need to add some fish and then some dirt and mix it all up. Oh, and we need to add some weed.

Me: Weed? You mean wheat?

Her: Yep we need some wheat.

Me: (Again wondering about those bedtime stories...)

Good thing she wasn't really in charge of the cookies. We actually made Mrs. Field's peanut butter cookies- and they tasted like the real thing!

3 comments:

elise and jeff said...

OMG I love it...she is so cute! I can't wait until little Reid can say darling stuff like that!!

Kika VilaNova said...

hmm I am curious to know how HER cookies would taste! :)

Lauren Davison said...

Hahaha! Oh, I can't wait. PAHA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...