Monday, February 1, 2010

One-Upper

Leah has started retelling stories I tell her, only she is the main character instead of me, and her stories are always just a little more exciting. For example-

She asked me today if I've ever fallen on the ice while walking home. I told her no, but relayed a time that I was in college and was walking home from class in very slippery shoes and almost fell. Her response was,

"When I a little girl, I was in preschool and I was walking home from class one day and I was wearing slippery shoes and I almost fell and then I did fall!" Amazing!

Or my favorite (of the day)-

She had pulled out her piggy bank and was scattering coins all over her room. Adam choking hazard! I told her about the time my sister Allison (as a baby) ate a penny off the ground and had to go to the hospital to have it removed. I tried to make it pretty dramatic ("and she had to get shots!") so she would get the point when I asked her if she knew any babies that might eat a penny off the ground because they didn't know any better. ("Adam!") Her response-

"When I was a baby I found a penny on the ground and I didn't know any better and I ate the whole piggy bank!"

Incredible!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...