Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Family Restaurant

After Leah's dance class today, she started begging to go to a restaurant for dinner.  She spied Panda Express and said, "They are waiting for us!  They are asking, 'Where are the Morales'?' 

Since we just got back from Chicago and lots of eating out, we headed home instead and set up "Morales Place".  She thought it was fantastic!  I drew up a quick menu with the food we were already eating for dinner and a few extra choices, we set up a table in the living room, and Jason was the server (or the 'giver' as Leah said).  She loved it all!
I think just having something new made all the difference from getting through the crazy dinner hour to making it a night of fun!  Plus, we got to talk about manners and spending money, so it was a teaching night, too (just like most other days and nights, right, moms?).

5 comments:

Kika VilaNova said...

that is SUCH an awesome idea! I should do this here more often. It's usually oatmeal or sandwiches... :(

hugs hugs

Kathryn Cooper said...

Fun fun! I love getting ideas from other moms. At home restaurant looks really fun.

whitney said...

Such a cute idea! I loved Leah's line about Panda Express waiting around for the Morales. I'll have to steal the idea on some slow, grumpy evening.

Julia and Aaron said...

Thanks for all these fun posts! You are such a good mom! You go out of your way to make Leah happy. Glad you guys had fun in Chicago, but sorry to hear that IKEA didn't have what you wanted and you guys were sick. We missed Leah at Sunbeams!!

Erica said...

what a great idea! i'm gonna have to try that out sometime soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...