As a late Mother's Day present, the kids are taking long afternoon naps, so I've got a minute to blog now that I've finished up my own lunch and nap. Laundry and unpacking can wait just a bit longer.
This Mother's Day was fan.tas.tic. We got home from Chicago at midnight on Saturday, but Jason still hopped out of bed first thing Sunday morning, took the kids downstairs to make cards and breakfast and let me sleep for an extra 45 minutes. And I didn't lift a finger for the rest of the day. No dishes or meal prep, diaper changes or toy corralling, or feeling like I had to choose between playing with the kids and getting the housework done.
It was just watching Leah sing with the Primary in sacrament meeting and getting to skip my lesson in Relief Society in lieu of a brunch served by the Elders Quorum, leftover Cheesecake Factory cheesecake in the sunshine and lounging around all afternoon, writing in my journal and talking to my own wonderful mother on the phone.

Being the Mom is the hardest job I've ever had - SO much harder than I ever anticipated. But yesterday, I felt so loved from Jason, Leah and Adam. And I know that it's all worth it, but yesterday was a pretty sweet reminder.
1 comment:
Ahhh, so sweet! What an awesome hubby you have!
Post a Comment