
I like to joke that here in Indiana, we sit around and watch the corn grow, but yesterday, that's exactly what we did. Jason was planting some of his corn, so we stopped by the farm to check it out.

Planting is highly technical these days- they use GPS to plant the seeds just right, and the main job of the PhD-seeking guys sitting on the back of this tricked-out tractor is to dump packets of seed down a funnel... or at least that's how it looked to me. Maybe Jason should be writing this post to make it sound more intelligent.

Either way, the kids thought it was fantastic, and we got a taste of what Jason has been up to lately.

I think this is just about the cutest picture I've ever taken of Leah and Adam.

And no, those aren't pizza boxes behind them. They are full of very specifically bred corn seeds that will make the world's most perfect corn. You'll probably eat it one day, and just think- you saw it here first!
2 comments:
How fun! We planted corn in our garden. We'll see if it grows:). I've been impressed with all the little shoots coming up though!
p.s. the pool behind Happy Hallow Middle School opens this Friday! We'll have to go sometime! This is the link:
http://www.westlafayette.in.gov/department/division.php?fDD=8-139.
We're going to get a summer pass for me today!
Yes, that picture is precious. What adorable children you have! (And, just maybe, the corn could be used someday on a pizza. That would be double interesting...)
Post a Comment