Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Cookies

It is a tradition in my family to make Halloween cookies.  This year was no exception, and we started the job yesterday.  And finished today.  It took that long. 

So for all the times growing up that I thought the cookies, frosting, and candy corn just appeared on the table so I could carelessly decorate a few ghosts and pumpkins, then complained when the job got too hard, THANK YOU MOM for making Halloween cookies!  It is one incredible task.

With one great helper and one great candy-snatcher, we made quite a pile.  Leah liked to cover her cookies with as many candies as she could fit on each one.  I like cute pumpkin faces.  Adam liked to pick off the candy and leave the cookie behind (hello?! It's a sugar cookie with sugar frosting- I promise you'll like it)  Jason didn't frost a darn one, so he doesn't get to eat any of them.... not really.

Now we just have to give them away before they all get eaten up!

1 comment:

beapinkal said...

oh wow- those sure look like sugary cookies:) I should make some too, it just the fact that i don't really like sugar cookies :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...