Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Facts

We took a Joy School field trip to a farm today. There were horses, cows, chickens, and pigs, a beautiful barn and lovely walking trails.


Leah likes a boy.  He is her favorite boy in her class, and she always mentions him and the things he does when reporting on the events of Joy School.  I firmly disagree with teasing a 3-year-old about having a boyfriend, a crush, or getting married, but it is adorable to see her take such an interest in a boy.  Today his mom told me that at least once a day, he declares, "Leah thinks I'm silly."  When you're a 3-year-old boy, I think that is a pretty big compliment.  I'm glad to know that feelings of admiration are reciprocal.

There is a new girl in the class.  I can see her trying to be friends with Leah, but Leah is being shy with her for reasons I can't figure out.  After class today, I asked her if she thought she could be nicer to this girl.  Her response was less than enthusiastic, so I asked her, "Who do you like to play with?  Who is your best friend?"

Her response- Adam.

I couldn't have asked for a better answer.  They've been best friends for a long time.

2 comments:

beapinkal said...

how cute!!! I was just thinking and wonder that how long Bence and Leah will remember each other.:) Maybe one day they will be in the same class in school or who knows:)

whitney said...

I love little kid crushes, they're only the cutest thing ever. Ezra has a little girl in his church class that's totally crushing on him...bu,t of course, my little engineer is totally oblivious.

Love that last picture. Aren't siblings the best?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...