Thursday, October 7, 2010

You Just Can't Make Stuff Like This Up

Leah has finally started noticing differences between skin colors.  Not caring about the differences, just noticing them.

"Mom, look at that black lady.  Her skin is so pretty- I wish I had black skin like her."
*****
"People say our skin is white, but it's not really.  It's tan.  See that car?  That's white."
*****
"Mom, some people like to say hello to their mothers in Spanish.  There are three rules for this.  Number one, you have to have brown skin.  Number two, you have to have a mother.  And number three, you have to say, 'Hola!'."

In case you ever wanted to say hello to your mother in Spanish.... now you know if you're allowed to or not.  Thank goodness we have a bit of "brown" in our family, otherwise we would sound really racist right about now.  Aren't the aunties just beautiful?

2 comments:

whitney said...

Not racist, just adorable ;) I love how little innocent minds think. That's like we had Spencer's black cousin-in-law visiting us a while back and the kids just thought her cornrows were the coolest. thing. ever. They barely noticed her dark skin...but the hair-do, now that was something :)

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe she said that. I love my little Leah. ha ha I love how innocent and truthful she is. It's okay, you can say brown jokes because you have some brown in your heritage now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...