Monday, September 25, 2017
1 out of 4
For the sake of accountability and remembering, I have to note that we paid off another student loan today. This one felt even less exciting than the last one we paid off. But still, we keep chipping away at the iceberg of past decisions.
It's usually when the loans get into the last $1,500 or so that I can't take it anymore and just pay the darn thing off.
Our final loan is actually four loans consolidated into one lender, but we pay different interest on each one, so we keep it divided into four loans to make each bite seem a bit more manageable.
And as of today, one out of the remaining four is no longer. Hooray!
It's funny (sad? encouraging?) when I talk to friends that have student debt in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. We never had anywhere close to that kind of debt.
And it's slightly deflating when I talk to friends that never had any student debt, thanks always to the parents or grandparents or scholarships that paid their tuition for them. But I've already shared my feelings about that.
Neither of those groups of people is us. We're us, and we've got our own debt and our own story and our own reasons for accumulating it and our own reasons for paying it off at the rate we are.
And we celebrate the milestones along the way and keep plugging along!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment