Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Emma Is Six

 What seemed like a really long time after we took her birthday trip, Emma's actual birthday arrived!
 
SHe wanted a butterfly birthday party, which was so fun to put together.  And I daresay that's the cutest birthday cake I've made in a while.
We decorated the whole house with butterflies! 
 
And there was a whole lot of wings and glitter and pink once her friends arrived. 
They had a lot of fun being butterflies- dressing up and designing antennae and hunting butterflies, and of course, eating the cake!
  She wouldn't tell me what her wish was, but I hope it came true!  
Happy sixth birthday to Emma! 
There is no way to describe how special Emma is to our family.  She is brave and energetic and silly and sweet and really intense.  She is kind and persistent and knows how to make people laugh and how to make them cry.  She's always the first one to make a friend on the playground or to check out what the other kids are afraid of (we went to the zoo a few weeks ago and Leah was hiding from a squirrel behind Jason.  Emma went running in the general direction of the squirrel and scared it from it's hiding place.  Classic example of the difference between my girls.)  Emma has lots of big feelings- either she LOVES something or she HATES it.  She likes to keep up with her big sister ,but I tell both of them a lot that Emma only gets to be this age once.  She doesn't need to waste it by trying to keep up with anyone else.  

She's slowly getting used to all-day kindergarten, and while I can't tell her this just yet, I miss her so much at home!  She is a great companion and a big helper and just all around fun to be with.  So I am especially enjoying our time together before and after school now that she's gone during the day. 

She is still threatened with car sickness- she told me recently that the reason she gets carsick is because she was born in the car!

She still squeezes into her beloved Cinderella nightgown.  She loves it more than her blankie.  Not that I'd ever ask her to give up either.  This is just a stage (that's lasted four years...) that she'll grow out of- literally- soon enough.  
Emma is very proud of her bright blue eyes and smattering of freckles.  She is beautiful!

Noah is nearly as tall as Emma, and sometimes they look like twins to me.  She still tries to pick him up and carry him around, despite their nearly matched size.

Emma will talk to anyone, especially the very boys that Leah would never ever say a word to.  She's only six, so it's all innocent for now, but heaven help me if she's not going to be a flirt someday.

Emma loves jam sandwiches, hates pizza, and prefers to drink milk for lunch every day.  

She isn't doing any extracurricular activities right now.  I asked her one day if she'd like to attend a dance class, and she said, "really,  I just want a donut."  Yummy choice!

Emma still crawls up onto my lap and snuggles me tight.  I love it, and I love that she offers to let me take a nap in her bed while she is away at school. 

Emma loves singing, she makes up silly songs and always has great moves to go along with them.

And she rides her two-wheel bike like a pro.  She amazes me every day.

And to round out this birthday girl post, this is Emma's true smile and personality, in pictures caught by Cousin Sarah.





Oh, she kills me.  My baby is growing up!  Happy birthday Emma Grace!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...