Goodness, my posts are all out of order this summer. Adam turned 8 back in July!
It took a really long time to get here, but his big day finally came!
He was so very excited about having a slip 'n slide baseball party.
I always tease Jason about picking me up a 5-gallon bucket of cheesy poofs...
The kids were ridiculously excited about it.
It was hot, but there was plenty of water at every base to play in and stay cool.
It was a very rare treat that we had Grandma Morales here to help celebrate. I had just come home from my quick trip to Utah the day before, and it was so nice to have an extra set of hands to help get everything ready. Grandma was in charge of keeping the slip 'n slide wet, and I think she had a liiiitle too much fun spraying the boys as they came around. It was pretty funny to watch!
Jason was here for the party too, which is also pretty rare. Even with a pretty small group of guests, it was fabulous having so much help!
It was a great day to celebrate our favorite Mr. Man!Adam needed a new bike, and Jason insisted on getting him one that he'll grow into. I get nervous every time he climbs onto this big boy bike!
It was a wonderful day, and a great chance to celebrate our big 8 year old boy!
Adam is such an easy-going kid. He just floats from activity to activity without a care, and definitely without a sense of urgency. But he's also aware and kind and helpful- as long as he hears me, he's willing to help out with whatever I need.He's a deep thinker, and loves to learn more about the about whys and hows and whens and what ifs?He's one smart boy. He's working with the extending learning teacher again this year, and I'm grateful for teachers that push his to learn as much as he can.
Adam says he'd like to be a Lego builder or a corn breeder when he grows up, although I think he'd make a fantastic surgeon some day. He's methodical and meticulous and never in a rush.
He started in Cub Scouts, and so far he's loving it! I'm excited for him to be involved in such a worthy program and to be keeping up the family tradition. There is a long line of Scouts before him in both of our families.
He stays up waaay too late every night, reading stacks of books by flashlight in his bed, but he never seems tired or affected by a lack of sleep. He's usually one of the first to bound out of his bed in the morning and get on with the important business of playing with Legos, folding origami, or reading some more- reminds me of when he was a toddler and just could not be bothered with naptime.
Adam's best friend is Mason, and they are so sweet together. They both have very chill personalities, and get along so well. I love watching them together because they always have so much fun. Adam has other sweet friends too, and I am always amazed at the energy and enthusiasm that they all have for life. Childhood is such a fun time!
Adam loves mashed potatoes, olives (still), hard-boiled eggs, and blueberry pancakes, and categorically refuses to eat lunch meat or certain other kinds of meat. He doesn't seem to hate chicken or fish nearly as much as he hates ham, turkey, and beef. Meatballs and hamburgers seem to be okay though. It's tricky remembering everyone's preferences, and gone are the days when Adam used to ask, "What's the healthiest thing on my plate?" and then enthusiastically gobble that up. Not anymore.
He's "dabbing" while shaking cream to turn it into butter.
This was a silly day- I told Adam that he wouldn't be able to ride in the car carts once he turned 8, and he insisted on taking one last ride while he was still 7. He lasted for about a minute before declaring his legs were cramped and crawling back out. Ha!Happy birthday to our best boy! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment