Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Tortured


"There are no mommies at school!  You are my only mommy- my best mommy!- and I never get to see you anymore!"

"The day is so long and I miss you so much!"

"Now I just go to school all day long and come home and it's time for dinner and then I have to go to bed!"

"It's just so loud at school!  Everyone slams their lockers and yells every day!"

"I'm too sick to go to school!"

"My band-aid is falling off!"

"I missed you so much I almost started crying... and you can't cry at school!"

"I'm never taking my nightgown off.  Then I don't have to go to school!"

"I'll just eat my lunch for breakfast.  Then I don't have to go to school because I won't have a lunch."

"My legs don't work!  I can't ride my bike to school!"

... Things Emma said to me this morning in an attempt to avoid spending another long and torturous day at kindergarten.  But, like she does every day after dragging out of bed and fussing through breakfast, she hopped right on her bike with a smile and rode off like a big girl.  

And she always comes home with a smile on her face and a dozen stories to tell.

And I'm thinking that our secret lunchtime date during Noah's preschool is going to become a weekly affair to help ease the pain of separation!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...