There are signs of Laney impending arrival all over our house- some of which are being put to use already.
To help the kids understand how much time and what events have to pass before she is here, we made a countdown
We've also been brushing up on some classic dog movies, sharing our Laney dreams (I dreamed she could fly! I dreamed she could talk! I dreamed she ran away then she knocked on the door and came back again!), praying for her health and her mom and for her to love us as much as we love her already.
I love this sign- Laney's omost hear
The kids thought this sign was hilarious- welcome to the potty?? It's supposed to be the party.
One day Leah asked, "What if we don't like having a dog living in our house?" A legitimate concern- we don't know how the house-training, barking, chewing, or other naughtiness might affect our family and our sanity. But I am sure that the happiness she is going to bring is going to outweigh any of the frustrations. I mean, just look at her sweet little face!
We can't wait until she gets here- just three days to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment