He's officially OLD!! Jason turned 40 this month and we had a great time celebrating him! Of course, it wasn't the couple's trip to Mexico that we had originally planned, but it was a perfectly perfect COVID-style birthday celebration. I made lots of plans for a BIG surprise virtual party in the evening and that meant we had to fill the day with not quite as exciting things that didn't leave us all exhausted or him suspicious about possible party plans. So we ate lots of good food and I ran into town while the kids scratch his back and rubbed his feet and did all of the things he loves and doesn't get to enjoy very often.
While I took Jason to lunch the kids decorated the house- and they did a great job!
And we enjoyed presents and a delicious chocolate cake testing party-
It was very serious business.
Okay, maybe not.
And then we got down to the real surprise!
Jason loves surprises, so I set up a four and a half hour virtual party with a new face popping in every 10 minutes!
It was exhausting but SO much fun to see old mission companions, middle school buddies, grad school friends, family, friends from our current life and friends from the past. And there wasn't nearly enough time to fully catch up with any of them, but it was such a fun start! Coronavirus may have changed our plans but I think we ended up with an even more memorable birthday celebration in the end.
And even though the kids are borderline shocked by how old he is, it was so fun to celebrate the hard-working, patient, loving, wrestling, balding, spiritual, funny and incredible Jason! He is the rock in our family, the one who goes along with all of my crazy ideas and the one who stays calm when the rest of us are going crazy! We love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment