Christmas is in full swing at our new house, and when the snow has blanketed the world in white and the beautiful Christmas lights that Jason bravely put up on the house light up, it feels a lot like we are living inside a beautiful Christmas card!
I feel that way every year, and when I first pulled out the Christmas bins and realized everything would have to find a new home in our new house, my heart longed for the lovely and familiar Christmas in our old home. We didn't realize last year was our last Christmas season in that house, and we weren't even home for it- we were in Utah for Christmas last year. But I also felt gratitude for the many wonderful memories that we did make there over the course of 7 Christmases and a determination to make many more wonderful memories here in our new house, starting with finding the right place for the Christmas tree!
Leah put the star on the tree this year, and my heart skipped a beat when I realized that the next time she does it she will be a senior in high school!
We decided the tree fits best in the corner of the living room. Like every Christmas tree, it is completely magical at night.
Everyone helped decorate it,
and the kids loved painting beautiful new ornaments from Grandma and Grandpa.
We got a second tree this year for the front room. It is the music tree and holds all of the ornaments that I have received and given to my piano students over the years. It's exactly what the front room window needs and it makes the oft-overlooked front room all the more inviting.
and some Christmas magic in every room.
The kids are enjoying Christmas activities with their classmates
and we've been running around like Santa's happy little helpers trying to spread Christmas cheer wherever we can.
Most of our traditions look a little different this year, either because of COVID-19 or because we are living in a new house and neighborhood, but we're trying to stay connected and celebrate as best we can.
Despite being the most unusual year we've ever experienced, I can already tell this is still going to be the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:
Post a Comment