Our fun plans to travel to Utah for Thanksgiving eventually dissolved thanks to the coronavirus. Instead, this was our first Thanksgiving ever with just our family, and Noah said it best when he declared, "I'm sad we can't go to Utah but I'm happy we don't have to wait another year to have our first Thanksgiving in our new house!" He was right and we decided to make it a great one!
On the day before Thanksgiving I set up camp in the kitchen and the kids set up camp with the perler beads. They have always had much more patience for those tiny little patterns than I have.
Daddy and the kids made the candy dispenser that Grandpa sent us-
and I had lots of helpers in the kitchen all day long!
Adam was in charge of the strawberry jello salad, a non-traditional dish that he loves.
And everyone else helped with the pies! Emma made a memorable mistake of doubling the milk in the chocolate cream pie recipe, resulting in a quick trip to the store by Jason (and a forced breaking of my cardinal rule- do not set foot in a grocery store within 24 hours of the big dinner!) and also resulting in twice as many pies when she was done!
Leah helped make the peanut butter pies, which are so delicious but just not as favored as the chocolate.Our Thanksgiving day started with coloring on the counter
and a delicious breakfast that included the traditional chocolate turkeys- thanks to Grandma!
By the time I took pictures some of them had already disappeared! After breakfast we all headed outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.
We had plenty of room to play turkey tag
and dodgeball!
We feasted in the afternoon, and boy was it a feast!
I am happy to delegate the turkey to Jason, and he was happy to cook it (no smoker this year)!
and we played,
and we played some more.
All the way until the sun went down and we snuggled up to watch White Christmas.
It was a fantastic day and wonderful to celebrate the many ways that we have been blessed in this crazy and unusual year!




No comments:
Post a Comment