Monday, June 22, 2026

Westward I Go!

When Leah's second semester was over, it was up to me to drive out to Utah to pick her up! And boy did I have a fun time entertaining myself along the way. 
Just look at that Cabela's kids, that's where your father went on a big family road trip once as a child. 
I was happy to take an overnight break somewhere in Nebraska. 
And then woke up insanely early the next morning with nothing to do but hit the road again. 
I made it all the the way to Little America and had to kiss the dinosaur myself. 
I'm not going to lie, it wasn't easy to make the 16 hour drive by myself (I took a quick Grandpa Mark-esque nap both days), but there was something delightful about not having to narrate any decision I made along the way. It was just me and my trusty Hot Tamales all the way to Utah! 
Ummm, where is the evidence of my lunch date with Auntie Allison?! These cookies were delish. 
It was my turn to see Leah in action at The Creamery!
We did some major mission shopping. 
And spent a colorful afternoon at the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival. 
Asut!
Don't be fooled by this face, Leah's world was rocked by this Beto's breakfast burrito. 
When I dropped Leah off in the fall, I geniunely didn't have a thought about how the time would, indeed, pass and eventually she would pack up and head home again. But here we suddenly were! 
The tears started about .05 seconds after I took this picture of Leah and Sarah saying goodbye. 
Goodbyes are so hard! 
And Leah happened to be blessed with the sweetest roommates for her freshman year! 
She was well cared for this year. 
We got to visit the temple with Grandma and Grandpa one more time. 
And then, it was time to head home! 
Leah kissed the dino this time. 
And we entertained ourselves, no problem. 
She had her first CCM Spanish lesson! 
And then we were home and back to all the point 5's! 
And the countdown to the mission start date officially began! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...