She didn't' have enough tickets for it, though, and instead purchased back her toys that Mr. Butler had taken away in a pre-nap cleaning frenzy and a date with Mom to get her nails painted. I was planning on taking her to a place not too far from here that will paint little girls nails for $3, but she thought it meant that I would paint her nails in her room- something we do about twice a month anyway- but she was so excited that we did that instead.
Plus, the items in the family store can be as big or little- expensive or free- as I choose. And it gives Leah a way to earn toys instead of just asking for something and having it handed over. So far I've been pleased with all the potential lessons that have come from this idea- counting, basic math, saving, earning, working toward a goal, delayed gratification- and some chores are getting done, too!
2 comments:
I agree- it's hard to figure out. with Eva we have things that she's asked to do (ie: unload the dishwasher three times a week) I think we're going to have her do regular chores and then if she wants to earn rewards or money there will be extra chores to do like, washing baseboards and walls during the week (that's her and Elle's regular Saturday chore). Chores is a whole new thing for me, I'm trying to figure it out!
That is so cute that she was more excited about painting fingernails with her mom than having a professional do it or "buying" something:). She looks really pleased! So who does little girl's nails for $3?
Post a Comment